8 Reasons Why Drainage Kitchen Rubber Mats are Essential in any Kitchen
When you first hear the words “honeycomb matting,” or “drain matting” you may have some difficulty pinpointing what they actually mean. For the average person, a mat could be anything from rubber door mats to anti fatigue mats for kitchen floors.
Truth be told, kitchen rubber mats are everywhere! If you’ve ever peeked into the kitchen at a restaurant, chances are you’ve seen a layer of honeycomb-like rubber lining the floor. Sound familiar? These hole-filled rubber mats provide slip resistance, comfort and drainage — three characteristics that are ideal for any wet, slippery commercial kitchen floor. Here are 8 reasons why rubber drainage mats are an essential part of any commercial kitchen:
- Heavy Duty: Rubber kitchen mats, especially drainage mats, are made out of durable, elastic natural rubber. Because they are most commonly used in commercial kitchens and other high-traffic areas, drainage kitchen mats are a heavy-duty product capable of enduring large amounts of foot traffic and falling pots and pans.
- Slip Resistant: Because rubber naturally has an extremely high coefficient of friction, rubber matting significantly reduces the chances of slips, falls, and potential injuries. Even in the wettest situations, protect employees and kitchen staff with rubber kitchen mats that offer unparalleled safety.
- Drainage: Equipped with dozens upon dozens of holes, honey comb rubber matting allows liquids to effortlessly pass through the surface of the mat. Don’t let your employees stand in puddles of water, grease, or oil. Lay down slip resistant kitchen mats to keep kitchen floors clean and dry!
- Anti-Fatigue: Chefs and kitchen staff spend their workdays standing for hours on end. However, all that standing can cause wear on the feet and joints. Drainage mats also act as anti fatigue mats for kitchen floors, providing a thick cushion for people to stand on. As a result, rubber drainage mats can also alleviate pain and strain accumulated from standing for long periods of time.
- Antimicrobial: Kitchen drainage mats made from rubber are also antimicrobial — meaning that they inhibit the growth of microorganisms such as mold, fungi, and other bacteria. Who wants to eat food that was prepared in a germy kitchen? Cut down on the mess and bacteria by investing in rubber mats from any
- Cost-Effective: Rubber mats are also naturally durable and long lasting. Honey-combed kitchen mats made from natural and Nitrile rubber withstand constant spills, foot traffic, and other abrasive work conditions. The mats themselves may be a little pricey, but their durability and long-term safety will more than make up for those initial costs.
- Lightweight: Even though kitchen rubber mats tend to be made with premium natural or nitrile rubber, their drainage design makes these mats relatively lightweight. As a result, they are easy to move, carry, and store! Clean your kitchen at the end of every day by removing and rinsing this rubber matting. It’s much easier that way.
- Eco-Friendly: Made from natural rubber sap, many drainage rubber mats are environmentally friendly. Since natural rubber is a biodegradable and sustainable material, natural rubber mats will help to reduce your kitchen’s carbon footprint and eradicate unnecessary waste.
Kitchen rubber mats are filled to the brim with beneficial properties that, all of which are ideal for commercial kitchens and food service areas. With its slip resistance, comfort, and drainage properties, rubber kitchen mats are the ideal investment. Whether you’re a business owner, a head chef, or a dishwasher, protect your kitchen floors with safe, cost-effective, and efficient rubber mats. You won’t regret the purchase.